· We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you.
· We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
· We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information on your website is shared publicly (or kept private), indexed by search engines, and permanently deleted.
Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information.
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better. We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our Services, and from outside sources.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
· Basic Account Information: Basic information such as name, email address are common required fields when you communicate on-line with someone.
· Public Profile Information: If you have an on-line account for commenting on websites, we collect the information that you provide for your public profile when you make comments. For example, if you have a WordPress.com or a Faceboook account, your username is part of that public profile, along with any other information you put into your public profile, such as a photo or an “About Me” description. Your public profile information is just that–public–so please keep that in mind when deciding what information you would like to include. We do not own that information and cannot control that. So please refrain from asking us to help you with public profile information. For example, if you write a comment that includes a link to your public profile information about you, we will have that information, and so will anyone with access to the Internet if you choose to publish the post publicly. This might be obvious to you…but it’s not to everyone!
· Transaction and Billing Information: If you donate to us, pay for an event online or send us money–you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, and contact information.
· Communications With Us (Hi There!): You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys, communicate with our team about a support question, or post a prayer in our public forum.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
· Log Information: Like most online sites, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information.
· Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about the actions on our –in other words, who did what, when and to what thing on a site. We also collect information about what happens when you use our Services (e.g., page views) along with information about your device. We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make our Services better.
· Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions. We may also collect information about your precise location via our mobile apps (when, for example, you post a photograph with location information) if you allow us to do so through your mobile device operating system’s permissions.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also get information about you from other sources. For example, if you create or log into your account through another service (like Google) or if you connect your website or account to a social media service, we will receive information from that service via the authorization procedures used by that service. The information we receive depends on which services you authorize and any options that are available.
How And Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
· To provide our Services and create events in the future
· To further develop and improve our Services
· To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with us,
· To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our website or social media platforms
· To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Hope Worship Center and others, which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of our Services;
· To communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and promotions offered by Hope Worship Center and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on Hope Worship Center; and
How We Share Information
We do not sell private personal information.
· Third Party Vendors: We share only relevant information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information, fraud prevention services that allow us to analyze fraudulent payment transactions, postal and email delivery services that help us stay in touch with you, customer chat and email support services that help us communicate with you, registrars, registries, and services that allow us to provide domain registration services, Hope Worship Center, those that assist us with our marketing efforts (e.g. by providing tools for identifying a specific marketing target group or improving our marketing campaigns), those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers), and companies that make products available on our website who may need information about you in order to, for example, provide technical or other support services to you. We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them. Other vendors are listed in our more specific policies.
· Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
· To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Hope Worship Center, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
· With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so, such as the social media services that you connect to your site through our Publicize feature.
· Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services and we may share a hashed version of your email address to facilitate customized ad campaigns on other platforms.
· Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a prayer request, support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request.
Information Shared Publicly
Information that you choose to make public is–you guessed it–disclosed publicly.
That means, of course, that information like your public profile, posts, other content that you make public, and your “Likes” and comments on other websites, are all available to others–and we hope you get a lot of views! For example, the photo that you upload to your public profile, or a default image if you haven’t uploaded one, is your Globally Recognized Avatar, or Gravatar–get it? :). Your Gravatar, along with other public profile information, will display with the comments and “Likes” that you make on other users’ websites while logged in to your accounts. Your Gravatar + public profile information may also display with your comments, “Likes,” and other interactions on websites that use our Gravatar service, if the email address associated with your account with us is the same as the email address that you use on the other website.
Public information may also be indexed by search engines or used by third parties. Please keep all of this in mind when deciding what you would like to share.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it–which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information–and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
· Limit the Information that You Provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information.
· Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional message from us. Just follow the instructions when you receive those messages for opting out. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
· Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: At this time, Hope Worship Center does not respond to “do not track” signals across all of our Services. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using Hope Worship Center websites, with the drawback that certain features of Hope Worship Center websites may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
· Close Your Account: Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your account, as described in How Long We Keep Information above–for example, when that information is reasonably needed to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as law enforcement requests, or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests.
· Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
· Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
· You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren’t able to do that, contact us.
Other Things You Should Know (Keep Reading!)
Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Third Party Software
If you’d like to use third party plugins, word press extensions that enable services provided by third parties, or other third-party software, please keep in mind that when you interact with them you may provide information about yourself to those third parties. We don’t own or control these third parties and they have their own rules about collection, use and sharing of information, which you should review.
That’s it! Thanks for reading.
For any customers who want a copy of this - we used it credit of Automattic.
They have provided a copy for use with crediting on your website. You can find it here Privacy Notice.